Implied Dissent

Monday, September 22, 2003

So the president of the NYSE was forced to resign last week because he was paid too much money. I don't really understand this. Clearly, his pay was excessive, I'm not disputing that. But if my employer offers me way more money than I'm worth, why am I in the wrong? Unless Grasso somehow cheated the exchange, I think the blame lies squarely with the board, not Grasso. They should be the ones to lose their jobs.
On the topic of governance issues and scandals, here's more. This organization has caused more problems, broken more laws, and ruined more lives than any other in this country.
On a totally different topic, here's a good piece on evolution. I still believe in the theory, but Murphy raises some good points to consider.
Warning: This is what will happen if you keep listening to Justin Timberlake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home