Implied Dissent

Sunday, October 12, 2003

First, Greg Easterbrook has a very interesting idea on rape. I think this really could help reduce the number of borderline rapes significantly. At least I hope so.
Onto lighter stuff. I saw Lost in Translation. Wow. I'm pretty sure this is the best film I've seen this year, though there are a few movies still coming out soon that might surpass it (Return of the King in particular). Anyway, I think it was Bill Murray's finest performance ever. He was able to make me laugh as much as he ever has, but did it almost entirely with his eyes. There were some good lines and ridiculous situations, but mostly it was Murray's subtle reactions to what was going on around him that made the movie. Then there was Scarlett Johansson, who was nearly as great as Bill. She played the perfect foil for her much older co-star, with a perfect blend of innocence and maturity mixed with loneliness. Go see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home