Implied Dissent

Friday, September 17, 2004

Schadenfreude

Manny Ramirez just robbed Miguel Cairo of home run with a great catch over the left field wall. As much as I enjoyed seeing Manny make an uncharacteristicly great defensive play and of course seeing the Sox do something right against NY, neither of those things are what make it a memorable play for me. What was so great was watching Cairo slowly circle the bases, really enjoying the fact that he just hit a homer against Boston, cross home plate and then hear from Lofton that he's out. The bewildered look on his face, the listless, questioning home run signal he made towards an umpire, the quick flash of anger, the sad acceptance in the end. Ahh, how I love seeing a Yankee suffer. Now I'm just hoping I don't experience any instant (or slow) karma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home