Implied Dissent

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Subtle, yet screamingly obvious

Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley are well known to NBA fans as very tight friends. They were teammates in Houston for 5 years and were traded together to Orlando this offseason. Orlando just traded Mobley to Sacramento, and some of the ensuing quotes are quite revealing. Anyone who doubted it when I said, via my source at ESPN (ok, it was Seth), that they were a couple, read the stories about the trade and tell me I was wrong. Just to be clear, I'm not saying anything's wrong with it, it's that I find the whole situation to be interesting and amusing. The money quote:
I can't put it into words. Playing with a guy, living with a guy, just knowing that every day when I wake up that's something I can count on, that I'm going to be in practice or in a game with Cuttino. Him not being here is going to be tough for me. I don't know what I'm going to wake up for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home