Implied Dissent

Monday, May 16, 2005

Funny 'cause it's true

Third paragraph. Was my exact reaction to the previous two sentences. Though I think they're just teasing us a bit. Anyway, Sin City was a very interesting movie, like they say, it was visually stunning. Storylines were interesting. Dialogue was cheesy, but intentionally so, it fit the whole stylized motif. Some of the acting was bad, not surprisingly Brittany Murphy was bad, but Michael Madsen was pretty bad too. The other actors were generally good, though. Definitely very violent, though most of it was comicy enough that it shouldn't bother people, though some will bother anyone. The guest directorship of Tarentino concerned me at a little, not because it was him but rather because of the idea of a guest director, but I didn't know what scene it was until I read it later, it fit. It definitely could have used more of the poster girl. Too few scenes, too few scenes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home