Implied Dissent

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Wow

Got to hand it to the Celtics, they make it interesting. Pierce has a great game, then gets himself thrown out when he could have iced it at the line. Kendrick Perkins attempts the free throws for Paul, missing both, and we go to OT. Al Jefferson playing the game of his life. Antoine going back and forth between being a goat and being the hero. And they finally play well in crunch time to win a big game.
Also, I do want to say this, as dumb as what he did was, I'm not convinced it was a clear-cut technical foul-deserving action. Tinsley was all over him, and Paul pushes him away. You can't do that, the risk that the guy will flop (as Tinsley did), or the ref will think you took a swing at the guy, or whatever, is too great, especially at that point in the game, and when you already have a technical foul. I can't blame the refs for making the call that they did, so I guess I don't have much of a point, but I'm just saying it's a gray area as to what the right call was there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home