Implied Dissent

Wednesday, December 10, 2003

I've been delinquent in posting of late - my apologies (to anyone who reads this).

So, I was listening to Top 40 radio this morning and that song "Invisible" by Clay Aiken came on. Now, I know he is some kind of media darling and beloved by millions, but I find him, and this song in particular, pretty annoying. Anyway, I really listened to the lyrics for the first time and was disturbed to discover that the chorus includes:
If I was invisible
Then I could just watch you in your room
If I was invisible
I'd make you mine tonight

Um.....
creepy!
Is he saying "If I had the ability, I would stalk you and then rape you"?
The song also includes lovely lines like:
I keep tracing your steps
Each move that you make

and
I am nothing without you
Great - he's an obsessive stalker/rapist. Fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home