Implied Dissent

Saturday, March 27, 2004

Just one more reason to impeach Bush. Although that would put Cheney in charge....Not sure if that's an overall improvement. Whatever, it's the principle of the thing that matters.
A basic business math lesson for Bill O'Reilly.
The Vodka Pundit links to Ralph Peters on the need for unity in the 'war on terror'. Ever noticed how whenever people demand unity, they always want you to agree with them? They never say that they're changing their position on an issue to be unified with what you're saying, nor call on others to agree with you even though you're presumably wrong. Implicit is the idea that everybody knows that the demander is the one who is right. (There is at least one exception: this doesn't apply to me and the designated hitter. I want the AL and NL to agree on one set of rules, but it's not terribly important to me whether they use the DH or not. I'd probably vote against it if I had a vote, but this is one case where unity wins. Anyway...)
On a lighter note, your Seinfeld quote of the day:

FRANK: Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one they had - but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way!
KRAMER: What happened to the doll?
FRANK: It was destroyed. But out of that, a new holiday was born. "A Festivus for the rest of us!"
KRAMER: That musta been some kind of doll.
FRANK: She was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home