Implied Dissent

Sunday, August 08, 2004

So I saw The Manchurian Candidate yesterday. I haven't seen the original, so I can't really compare the two, but I thought the new version was quite good. I'm not sure what exactly the message of it was, or if there even was a message, but it does make you think. A couple parts of it I'm not sure if I liked, but I won't get specific as I don't want to give anything away. I'll just say the bathroom scene was overly explicit, and the final scene didn't seem to be neccesary to me. For another review, here you go.
I found this column on rape shield laws pretty interesting. I don't know enough to say how it needs to be done, but it seems clear to me the current system sucks, for both sides, and needs to be reformed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home