Implied Dissent

Sunday, December 12, 2004

What's the problem?

I currently plan my budget week to week. Maybe I should take a longer view, such as two weeks, or maybe even four. Some people look at my numbers and tell me that I'm headed for a financial problem in six months and say I should adjust my plans accordingly. This is just silly. There's no financial problem now. Whether or not a problem ever arises and what the nature of that problem is depends in large part on something (winning the lottery) that no one has any idea how to predict. So why try to predict it? If it does, in fact, appear to be true in the January or February or May that making the numbers balance requires a change, then that would be an excellent time to change them. Why try to make guesses now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home