Implied Dissent

Monday, January 03, 2005

NFL regular season

It's time to look back at my predictions for the NFL regular season. My predictions were off by an average of 2.3 wins per team, with 15 teams plus or minus 1 win of my prediction, and one more team (Washington) exactly at it. Not bad. My worst prediction was definitely Pittsburgh, who I thought would win 6 games. They won 15. Ouch. San Diego was also a bad miss, projected for 5 wins, ending with 12. Back to the bright side, I was three times more likely to predict the trend in wins correctly than not, 15 times predicted an increase and the team improved (or vice versa), against 5 times having them go opposite of the direction I thought they would go.
As for the playoffs, I got 8 out of 12 teams correct, not too shabby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home