Implied Dissent

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Ugh

So I got taken to the woodshed over this post, for wanting to stick my nose up womb's and such. Nevermind that I was merely expressing the opinion that celebrating abortion is disgusting. Not villifying women who have them, but rather those who say 'abortion is good'. Back on Daily Kos, some dude wrote about his experience with abortion in response to the post I linked to. It's a bit sappy at times, I don't agree with much of it, and he uses that phrase I abhor "we were pregnant". But it's clear he using the phrase to emphasize that he was going through something too, and he's not saying that abortion affects men and women the same or similarly. His point is that it affects everyone to some degree, and that men (and women) need to realize it. So Stormcoming follows up her first offensive post with a second post bitching the guy out, for his "propagandistic terminology" and belittling the fact that he supported the woman he impregnated through the whole process. I guess when she helps women get abortions it's laudable, when a guy does it it's worthy of being sweared at. I called Stormcoming a feminazi in my first post (which, popular opinion to the contrary, does not mean feminist, it applies to people who celebrate abortion), but it looks like she's much more than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home