Implied Dissent

Thursday, January 12, 2006

A Second Opinion

Sports Guy says fire Doc Rivers, now. I understand where he's coming from, and share some of his specific complaints. Before the year my thoughts were that Doc wasn't the long-term answer, but that he's fine for now. Now I think I agree, fire him and have Ainge finish the year before finding someone else. However, in fairness to Doc, of the eight complaints laid out against him, 5 can largely be attributed to the composition of the team (youth, and terrible veteran big men) and #4 is irrelevant. I absolutely agree on the rotations/consistent playing time problem, and that Doc does some dumb things, like in the Detroit game. Ainge needs to sit down with him and hash some stuff out, but I am strongly leaning towards Danny temporarily taking over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home