Implied Dissent

Friday, January 20, 2006

Week 3

Week 2 went pretty well for me qua picking. Not so well as a Pats fan, but I was prepared for the loss. Not for the shitting of a brick, but for the loss. I was 3-1 against the spread, 2-2 picking winners, bringing me to 4-4 and 4-4. I really wouldn't be surprised by any of the four possible SB matchups occuring, but I'll make picks anyway, it makes the games more interesting for me. Onto the games (here's SG for reference).
Pittsburgh Steelers at Denver Broncos, Broncos favored by 3.5. Denver played an ok game last week following its bye week. Pittsburgh has played two straight excellent games. Yes, they were lucky to have Roethlisberger make that tackle, but bad luck and bad officiating put them in that situation in the first place. I think Denver needed a game to shake off the rust from not playing, while I think it's unlikely Pittsburgh will be able to maintain this level of play. So, I'm taking the home team. I will note that people talking about a sixth seed being unlikely to go to the Super Bowl don't know what they're talking about, the 'burgh was a tiebreaker from being the #3 seed. Regardless, Denver is a little better, and at home, and a little better rested. Broncos 27-21.
Carolina Panthers at Seattle Seahawks, Seahawks favored by 3.5. I'm guessing that Steve Smith doesn't singlehandedly destroy another opponent this week and that Shaun Alexander finally has a good playoff game. Again I'll take the home team with the rest edge that is probably slightly better under neutral circumstances. Seahawks 24-17.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home