Implied Dissent

Monday, December 15, 2003

Today is Bill of Rights Day. Thought you should know.
So the big news is that yesterday Hussein was captured and will be put on trial. I'd like to think that even people (like me) who think attacking Iraq was a really bad idea can agree that this is a great thing. While I do think Saddam's crimes and atrocities have been exaggerated for political gain and such, there is no doubt that he was a brutal, evil man. I'd like to believe that during his trial a lot of things the US government doesn't want out in the open will come out, but I won't hold my breath on it.
Anyway, we may have given up way too much for this 'prize' and we still are unlikely to pull out of Iraq anytime soon, but losing too much for something is better than losing that much and getting nothing. So we've got that going for us....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home