Implied Dissent

Monday, March 10, 2008

Choosing the Lessest of Three Dictators

I've been thinking about the Presidential race. Assuming my man Ron Paul (warts and all) is out of it, even as a 3rd part candidate, I'm supporting Obama. I've been leaning that way for a while, but re-reading this piece, I was reminded of why I can't stand the thought of Clinton becoming President. That, and that even if she wanted to, I don't think she could get us out of Iraq; it's the opposite of "only Nixon could go to China". McCain scares me. His disrespect for the Bill of Rights alone does it, but also his warmongering/national greatness ways. How he ever had a reputation among Democrats as being against the Iraq invasion is beyond me. Elements of Obama's platform vex me, but on the biggest issues of 2008, he's right or close to right. My biggest worry with him is that there is a serious likelihood of a cult of personality developing around him. I mean more than there is now. That, my friends, is a very dangerous thing, and something we must watch closely. But, among the 3 with a realistic shot at being president, he seems to be the best choice.

(Yes, I know my title uses bad grammar)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home