Implied Dissent

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Spider-Man

Loved it. Tobey Maguire was great. Dafoe and Franco excellent. JK Simmons (yeah Simmons) nailed J Jonah Jameson. Etc, etc. Ariel called it the most 'realistic' of these movies. I think that that's not the right term to use, but I know what he's getting at, I think he's talking about it's relatability; Peter's an orphan who can't quite get things to go his way. Oh and the opening lines, great (like all great stories...).

So, what's wrong with it? Well, as I've mentioned before, Dunst sucks. I can't stand her. I acknowledge that she's a good actress, but way too annoying. The Green Goblin. Good choice of villain, except that he looks ridiculous talking in the mask. They needed to find a way to show more of his face. Finally, I know that Spider-Man is supposed to be a bit cheesy/sappy, but they overdid it.

Despite it's problems, I enjoyed it a lot. 3.5 out of 5.

Trivia: Is Peter Parker related to Ben, or May? I don't know, I'm hoping you can tell me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home