Implied Dissent

Sunday, May 13, 2012

NBA Playoffs 2012, Round 2

Posting this post Celtics-76ers game 1, during Clippers-Grizzlies game 7. However, my opinion on the C's winning that series hasn't changed from before, and the Clippers seem to have this game in hand.
First a quick review. Got Bulls-76ers wrong, but the Bulls lost their 2 best players, rest of the East I was right about. In the West got Spurs and Thunder right, but Lakers and Clippers wrong, though they were the two I had the least confidence in.

Round 2: Conference Semi-Finals
Eastern Conference
#2 Heat against #3 Pacers. The Pacers are a pretty good team. Tough, physical, young legs. But they're not likely to knock of the Heat. I do think they'd win a game 6 if they can get that far, but I'm guessing they lose in 5. Heat 4-1.
#4 Celtics against #8 76ers. The 76ers do have the youth/energy advantage. The Celtics may lose due to age/injuries, and like last year if they do I can't complain. However, the C's are clearly the better team at or near full health. I'm split between 5 or 7 games, but will go with 7. Celtics 4-3.

Western Conference
#1 Spurs against #5 Clippers. This looks pretty straight forward. As great as Paul is, and as much mileage key Spurs have on them, I can't see the Clips pulling it off, especially with Blake Griffin apparently injured. The Spurs are too deep, experienced, multifaceted, and have a far better coach. Spurs 4-1.

#2 Thunder against #3 Lakers. Well, we certainly can't write-off the Lakers. Bynum and Gasol may be inconsistent, but they are dynamite when on. However, I think the Thunder big men are good enough that they'll be able to limit their effectiveness enough, and Westbrook and Durant will be able to largely have their way scoring. Thunder 4-3.

Round 3: Conference Finals
#2 Heat against #4 Celtics. If the Celtics are at full strength, it's a toss-up. However, I suspect they will not be, and it will look like more a blowout than it really will be. Heat 4-1.

#1 Spurs against #2 Thunder. This will be an awesome series. The up-and-comers against the old guard. Would not be surprised in the least if my pick is wrong, but I see the Thunder big men matching up with Duncan, and Durant doing pretty much what he wants. Thunder 4-2.

NBA Finals
Thunder with home-court against the Heat. Copy-and-paste from before: Great matchup. Will probably change my mind on it a few times, but for now, Thunder 4-3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home