Implied Dissent

Saturday, January 15, 2011

NFL Playoff, Round 2

Last week I went 3-1 against the spread, 2-2 picking winners.

Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers, Steelers favored by 3. It'll likely be a field position slugfest of a game. But, I like the Steelers just a touch more, and Roethlisberger is 8-2 in the playoffs (not that Flacco's record is bad). Yes, picking against my preseason pick to win it all. Steelers 20, Ravens 16.

Green Bay Packers at Atlanta Falcons, Falcons favored by 2.5. Green Bay is probably better than Atlanta. However, it's a slight difference, and Atlanta has one of the best home field advantages in the league. I'll go with the rested home team (now watch Starks run wild against them). Falcons 24, Packers 20.

Seattle Seahawks at Chicago Bears, Bears favored by 10. Chicago is not a very good home team. Seattle is a terrible road team. I don't trust Cutler and Martz and Smith. I don't trust Hasselbeck and the Seattle defense (at least not both twice in a row). Hmm. Sounds like a closer game than the spread to me. Again, not picking them to win, but wouldn't be shocked if it happens, maybe giving Seattle a 30% chance. Bears 27, Seahawks 20.

New York Jets at New England Patriots, Patriots favored by 8.5. The Jets are a reasonably good team. The Pats are the best team in the league, and will not at all look past this game, and will not let up even if they have a big lead late. Just know that me calling blowouts for the Pats doesn't have a good history, but it's what I really think, so it's what I'm calling. Patriots 34, Jets 17.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home