Implied Dissent

Sunday, January 23, 2011

NFL Playoff, Round 3

Last week I went 1-3 against the spread, and 2-2 picking winners, bring me to 4-4 for both.

Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears, Packers favored by 3.5. People are making a little too much of how great a job the Bears D has done on Rodgers; while I don't expect him to annihilate them like he's done to others, I do expect a good game out of him. Excluding two things, the Packers are the better team, and they are both wild cards: Jay Cutler is sometimes great, and Devin Hester is often great. If they both do well, Bears could romp. If Hester is contained and Cutler is making bad decisions, Packers will blow them out. I'm looking for a mix, Bears cover but lose. Packers 23, Bears 20.

New York Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers, Steelers favored by 3.5. I still don't believe in Sanchez, at least not against a top D. However, that Steelers O-line is scary bad, and could lead to some big turnovers for the Jets D. My guess is Roethlisberger will handle the pressure well enough. Steelers 24, Jets 17.

Go Bears. Go away Jets.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home