Implied Dissent

Saturday, April 30, 2011

NBA Playoffs, Round 2

Results of my Round 1 picks: Picked 6 winners correctly, 2 in the correct number of games. The 2 I got wrong I had picked to lose in Round 2 anyway, so that's something, but the Spurs-to-sweep pick was really, really bad. Onward.

Round 2: Conference Semi-Finals
Eastern Conference
#1 Bulls against #5 Hawks. I underestimated how good the Hawks can be when they are on. However, I don't really trust them to keep it up. They also have no answer for DRose. Bulls 4-1.
#2 Heat against #3 Celtics. I go back and forth on this one. Celtics have a gigantic advantage at the point, the Heat significant advantages at SG and SF. Celtics are probably slightly better at PF/C, and the bench, and coaching. With a healthy and effective Shaq I'd feel better about it, but I think I'll go with the team that's gone thru the battles anyway. Celtics 4-2.

Western Conference
#2 Lakers against #3 Mavericks. I still feel the same way as before, the Lakers are just better. Lakers 4-1.
#4 Thunder against #8 Grizzlies. I certainly didn't give the Griz enough credit, particularly since I've always thought Battier is underrated and I should have given them credit for that pickup. However, the Thunder have been playing at a champion's level, and I think they will handle this matchup relatively easily. Thunder 4-1.

Round 3: Conference Finals
Eastern Conference
#1 Bulls against #3 Celtics. This will be the Bulls first real challenge, and I'm guessing that they are not quite ready for it. Of course, they have the advantage of youth, so if they Celtics lose because of injuries, I really can't complain. Really looking forward to this, especially Rondo v. Rose. Celtics 4-2.

Western Conference
#2 Lakers against #4 Thunder. I love this matchup. I think the Thunder are ready to knock the Lakers off. They have the quality big men to match up with Gasol, Bynum and Odom, the elite scorer in Durant to take over games, the excellent PG to take advantage of Fisher, and the good young SG to keep Kobe from dominating. Thunder 4-2.

NBA Finals
Celtics against Thunder. I can't decide if I'm excited for this matchup, or dreading it. But I think the Thunder take Boston down if it happens. Thunder 4-2.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home