Implied Dissent

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Good news about pennies from heaven, so to speak.
Here's a nice review of Big Fish that complements Penny's review of it from two weeks ago. Most critics have been giving the film poor reviews, but I liked it, I thought it was a good story that was well told. I guess there's no accounting for taste, mine and other people's.
ESPN has sent Sports Guy to Houston to blog on Super Bowl Week. So far so good. What I found interesting is his idea at the end of today's entry about the NBA Finals, what is very similar to an idea of mine. He thinks they should play the first three games at a neutral site, while I was thinking it should be the last three games. Either way would be interesting.
So, Jim O'Brien stepped down as Celtics' coach, due to philosophical differences with Danny Ainge. While this isn't really a shock, as there have been rumors about this sort of thing happening at least since training camp, I am disappointed. I really hoped that O'Brien would stick it out, I think he's a very good coach and that he and Ainge could have worked their problems out. Of course, I'm saying this from the outside looking in, so, as Sports Guy sometimes says, I have no point. Except that I don't like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home