Implied Dissent

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Playoffs, Week 2

So, against the spread, I got the first game right, pushed the second, and lost on the last two. 1-2-1. Ugh. Picking winners, I was 3-1. On to the new picks (again, spreads from SG).
Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers, Packers favored by 7.5. Let's see, Seattle is a poor road team, Green Bay is one of the toughest stadiums to go into, and Seattle is coming off a big win (hence, letdown this week). My only concern is the Holmgren coached Favre for so many years, but that was so long ago I don't think it matters much. Packers 34, Seahawks 17.
Jacksonville Jaguars at New England Patriots, Patriots favored by 13. The Jags are very good, and if the weather were bad, I'd put the line around 5. But, it should be a little chilly but dry, so I think this line is basically right, as the Pats are the best team in the league, and in the running for greatest ever. Patriots 34, Jaguars 20.
San Diego Chargers at Indianapolis Colts, Colts favored by 8. The Chargers have a lot of talent, especially LDT. But, the Colts are also loaded, and I'll take the good flawed coach over the bad coach. Colts 31, Chargers 20.
New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys, Cowboys favored by 7.5. The hardest pick, just because we don't know what's up with Romo's thumb and with TO in general. At full strength, I'd take them by 14, or maybe more. No TO and injured Romo, I'd call it 50-50. My sense is that TO will play, and play well, and that Romo is fine. Cowboys 27, Giants 17.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home